Responsive. Diligent. Effective.
Bruno F. Codispoti Esq.
Bruno Codispoti is the founding member of Codispoti & Associates, P.C. He was formerly a partner in the law firm of Codispoti & Mancinelli, LLP which he founded in New York City in 1998. In 1985 he graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Management from St. John’s University in Jamaica, New York. He received his Juris Doctor degree from New York Law School in 1989. Bruno is admitted to practice law in New York State, United States District Court (Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York) and the Supreme Court of the United States of America.
Mr. Codispoti is a business attorney focusing in corporate, real estate, and intellectual property matters. Close to one-half of his practice is Federal and New York State litigation related to those areas of law, including judgment enforcement and appeals. Bruno provides general services to clients such as wills, trusts and estate administration. Mr. Codispoti is also fluent in Italian and has represented many Italian speaking individuals.
Bruno is the Past President of the Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn (2012-2013) as well as Past President of the Columbian Lawyers Association of Rockland (2007-2008). He is also active in the Confederation of Columbian Lawyer Associations and a member of the National Italian American Bar Association, Brooklyn Bar Association (where he is the Chairperson of the Intellectual Property Committee) and the New York State Bar Association (Intellectual Property Committee member). Bruno was a member of the board of directors of The Italian Board of Guardians, Inc., a social services agency in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn since 1994 through 2009. He remains an active alumni of EXB fraternity from St. John’s University. Bruno is the former Legal Advisor of the Federation of Italian American Organizations in Brooklyn and was actively involved in the opening of Il Centro, the first Italian-American Cultural Community Center in New York City.
Bruno has twice been honored with the Distinguished Italian-American Award, both by well respected Brooklyn based organizations - first in 2007 by the Van Westerhout Cittadini Molesi Social Club and then in March 2012 by the Federation of Italian American Organizations. In 2016, Bruno was honored by the Stars & Stripes Regular Democratic Organization 49th Assembly District.
In addition to the above, he is currently the President of Catasal Realty, LLC, which leases offices to attorneys and other professionals.
In 1989, Bruno married his childhood sweetheart, Bernadette Rizzi. In 2003, they moved to New City, Rockland County, New York, together with their son, Francis, but currently maintain a residence in Brooklyn. Bruno is active in local religious, civic and political matters and organizations in both Brooklyn and Rockland. He is an avid musician and enjoys many outdoor activities. Bruno has a very close relationship with his large and extended family and still maintains his friendship with many of his childhood friends.
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- Juris Doctorate - 02/1989
- St. John's University, Jamaica, New York
- B.S. , Management - 05/1985
- New York, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1994
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Intellectual Property
- Honored by the Stars & Stripes Regular Democratic Organization 49th Assembly District, 2016
- Distinguished Italian-American Award - Chosen by the Van Westerhout Cattadini Molesi Social Club, 2007
- Distinguished Italian-American Award - Chosen by the Federation of Italian American Organizations, 2012
- The Italian Board of Guardians, Inc., 1994 to 2009
- The Federation of Italian American Organizations of Brooklyn, Ltd., 2015 to 2019
- Catasal Realty, LLC - President
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Chi Beta
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn, President, 2012 to 2013
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Brooklyn, Member, Board of Directors, 06/2006 to Present
- Columbian Lawyers Association of Rockland County, President, 06/2007 to 06/2008
- Brooklyn Bar Association, Member (Chairman of the Intellectual Property Committee)
- Catholic Lawyers Guild of Kings County, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member (Intellectual Property Committee)
- Confederation of Columbian Lawyers Association, Member
- National Italian American Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Founding Member