Protecting Your Future Finances And Family Through Estate Planning
An estate plan is an essential financial tool for everyone, regardless of age or income. While an estate plan can help you maximize benefits to heirs and charities, there are numerous other benefits to a proper estate plan.
The knowledgeable estate planning attorneys at Codispoti & Associates have been preparing comprehensive estate plans for decades. From complex trusts to simple wills, we have the knowledge and experience to help you create a tailored estate plan that ensures your wishes are carried out regarding your money, your health and your possessions.
Every Estate Plan Is Unique
Your finances and family are unique. At Codispoti & Associates, your estate plan will be too. We have the experience and knowledge to prepare complex estate plans that maximize benefits to beneficiaries. In addition to wills and trusts, we can help you:
- Manage assets: We can create an estate plan or revocable trust that can administer or invest your trust for the benefit of your named beneficiaries, including heirs and charities.
- Avoid or minimize probate: Probate often delays the administration of an estate. Through proper estate planning, including trusts and other documents, you may be able to avoid probate altogether.
- Ensure adequate health care: A “living will” or health care directive can make sure your medical care is provided in a way that meets your values and eases the burden on loved ones.
- Protect your finances late in life: From helping you create a guardianship (or contest one) to creating a financial or legal power of attorney, we can walk you through the various options to ensure your hard-earned money is spent as you intended.
- Avoid or minimize taxes: Our estate planning attorneys know how to minimize the tax burden on you and your loved ones for both federal and New York state estate taxes. New York has one of the highest tax rates on estates in the country; let us help you get as much of your hard-earned money to your beneficiaries as possible.
How Our Litigation And Probate Experience Help
The proper preparation of your will, trust and other estate planning documents can minimize the risk of disagreements among beneficiaries. At Codispoti & Associates, we have a robust probate practice. Our experience as litigators and trial lawyers informs our recommendations for our clients looking to create a comprehensive estate plan. Because we often represent clients involved in disputes over estates, we have the knowledge and practical experience to help you avoid common causes of disputed estates.
Schedule A Free Consultation Today
Creating a will or trust is essential but easy to put off. If you need to create or update an estate plan, the earlier you get started, the better. Call our Manhattan office at 212-791-9453. Alternatively, you can reach us online.